You are Invited!
2015 PIE ANNUAL SPRING LUNCHEON
Tickets Now Available
Here are the details for this year’s event:
- The PIE Luncheon will be Friday, June 12, 2015, at 12:00 pm (Noon) at the New Bern Riverfront Convention Center, catered by The Flame. Tickets are $25 per person.
- The guest speaker is Dr. June Atkinson, State Superintendent of the Public Schools of North Carolina. Our emcee is WCTI Channel 12 news anchor Valentina Wilson. We will have live entertainment provided by one of local school bands.
- School system employees* attending will be excused for the day at the end of the luncheon. *Please confirm with your supervisor or principal.
- There will be a drawing for all ticket holders: (2) Kindle Fires, an iPad, and lots of PIES! Door prizes (including technology items) become the personal property of the recipient.
Contact your PIE Ambassador to purchase a ticket. A list of PIE Ambassadors can be found by following this link. If you are in a department that does not have a PIE Ambassador, feel free to contact Darlene Brown at 514-6321 or at Darlene.Brown@craven.k12.nc.us, or contact one of the PIE Ambassadors.
Tickets must be purchased, and all monies turned in to PIE, by Friday, June 5, 2015, at noon (The Flame requires a head count). We will accept a post-dated check with the date listed no later than June 12, 2015. Checks should be made out to Partners In Education (PIE).
Note: The Ambassador who sells the most tickets will receive $300, and THEIR SCHOOL WILL RECEIVE $300! Yes, cash money! Principals, it’s on!
This event is open to the public (parents, friends, family, community partners), that is, you do not have to be a school system employee to purchase a ticket.
Welcome to Partners In Education!
Craven County Partners In Education (PIE) is a non-profit organization committed to:
- Enhancing the educational experience of teachers and students through classroom grants.
- Focusing on evolving and specific needs of individual classrooms.
- Partnering with businesses, community leaders, and educators for financial support.
Our partners are passionate about creating opportunities for our students and teachers that enable us to offer quality programs.
Craven County Educators
To learn more about the grants offered through Partners In Education for the 2013-14 school year, go to the Programs section of this website.
It’s Easy to Join to PIE
You can join PIE any time throughout the year!
All members of PIE earn one extra point added to the average of reviewing committee members’ scores on their rubric for the PIE Grants, Wey Mini Grants, and the Twin Rivers Artists’ Assn. Grants.
Follow this link for the PIE Membership One-Time Payment Form.
We are pleased to offer a Planned Giving and Sponsorship Program!
To learn more about how your business can support PIE throughout the year, follow this link. This includes sponsoring the PIE Bowl, the Spring Luncheon, Stuff the Bus, and the Book Drive. And by planning your sponsorships in advance, learn how your business can get a free ad on the PIE website and be featured on the PIE Facebook page!
For more information about Partners In Education, our programs and grants, or how you can donate, call Darlene Brown, Executive Director of Craven County Partners In Education at (252) 514-6321 or email us at Darlene.Brown@craven.k12.nc.us.
By working together we can all make a difference in education in Craven County Schools.